Apart from using a Confirmation or Subscription Form to collect consent from your contacts, MarketingPlatform offers the possibility to send a Confirmation Email with Autoresponders.
In this way, you can send an email/SMS campaign containing a Confirm Link to collect consent from unconfirmed contacts on your list. Only when they have confirmed, will they get an active or confirmed status on your list.
In order for your contacts to receive a Confirmation Email, you must have enabled this option when creating your Autoresponder and added your profiles to autoresponders when importing your contact list(s).
1. Create an Autoresponder and include a Confirm Link
To create an Autoresponder, access the “Automated Flows” dropdown menu on the left side of your screen and click on “Autoresponders”.
Start by selecting your list and click on “Create an Autoresponder”.
Name your autoresponder and click on “Next”. The name should be clear and easily identifiable for you and others that may need to work from your account on the platform.
In the next step, you need to select the content that you wish to send to your unconfirmed contacts. Once you have selected “Email Campaign” or “SMS Campaign”, you will be provided with an option to use the autoresponder to send a Confirmation Email to unconfirmed profiles (see image below). Select the option and choose the desired email/SMS campaign from the list of available campaigns.
Please note, that in order for you to be able to use this option, you must have previously included a Confirm Link in your email/SMS campaign. Otherwise, once you select the option, you won’t see any available email/SMS campaigns to choose from, as there are no campaigns that contain a Confirm Link for the list you have chosen.
Once you have enabled the option and chosen your email/SMS campaign, you will be taken to the next step where you should choose when to send the autoresponder. At this point, you will have two options:
- As soon as the Profile joins my list – your confirmed contacts will receive the autoresponder once they have joined your list
- After the Profile has been on my list for – you can define the time elapsed before the autoresponder is sent to your confirmed contacts (the minimum time is 1 h).
In the last step, as usual, you need to define the sending details:
- Send From This Name – the default “From” name that will be seen by your subscribers when you send a campaign to them.
- Send From This Email Address – the email address which will be used when you send a campaign to your contact list – the email address that will be visible to your recipients.
- Send Reply Emails to – the email address that your recipients can use if they want to reply to your email.
- Select Thank You Email – the email that your contacts will receive once they have clicked on the Confirm Link and given their consent. In order to enable this option, you should create your Thank You Email in advance.
- Take Subscriber To An URL – the landing page to which your confirmed profiles will land on once they have opted-in.
Also, you can apply other settings available:
- Google Analytics – track the campaign using Google Analytics
- Set Activity Time – specify time of the day executing the activities
- Filter this Autoresponder using the following Segment – use Segment(s) as a filter, so only profiles meeting the rules in the segment are receiving this Autoresponder.
Finally, click on “Save and Activate” and the autoresponder will become active.
2. How to send a Confirmation Email with Autoresponders
In order for your autoresponder to work, you must apply some settings and map your fields appropriately when importing your profiles.
Import of Confirmed and Unconfirmed Profiles
In case you are importing confirmed and unconfirmed profiles at the same time, you will need to include a confirmation status column (“Confirmed” or “Unconfirmed”) in your import sheet and map it using the system data field “Confirmed” (see image below).
Upon importing your profiles, in Advanced Settings, you must select the option Add Profiles to Autoresponders. This will enable your contacts to receive any active autoresponders that you have created.
As the confirmation status will be registered by the system as defined in your import sheet, you don’t need to choose whether your contacts are Confirmed/Unconfirmed in the Advanced Settings. Thus, you can skip these fields, since the confirmation status will be registered exactly as defined in your import sheet (see image below).
Import of Unconfirmed Profiles
In case you are importing only unconfirmed profiles, you do not need to include a confirmation status column in your import sheet. Instead, upon importing your profiles, you can mark them as Unconfirmed in the Advanced Settings (see image below).
Once you upload your import sheet, you will not be asked to send a Confirmation Email to unconfirmed profiles as usual, due to the fact that you have added your profiles to autoresponders and the system recognizes that your autoresponder contains a Confirmation Link.
If you want to read more on How to set up a Welcome Flow with Autoresponders, please refer to this article.